Here’s what I’d do.
With an extra $1000 I would…
- Buy a domain name for my blog and pay Erin to redesign it
- Get my first tattoo
- Buy a new camera
With an extra $5000 I would…
- Do all of the above, except get a much nicer camera
- Pay off my credit card
- Pay a professional photographer to take family pictures of me with my parents and sister
- Buy a Macbook
- Buy an iPhone
- Pay off my dad’s cell phone bill for the year
- Buy a bunch of new pairs of Chucks
- Use any money left to buy a bunch of CDs and DVDs from my Amazon wishlist (because I live in the stone age and still use CDs and DVDs…)
With an extra $10,000 I would…
- Do all of the above, and
- Not know what the hell to do with all that money
- Rent a car, drive cross-country to California, and go to Coachella
- Make a couple of big payments toward my student loans
- Spend the rest on beer
What would you do if you stumbled upon a large sum of money? In reality I’d probably put a big chunk of it into savings, because I’m a dork and am responsible like that. But it’s kind of fun to think about some of the material crap I’d indulge in if I had the disposable cash to do so.
Mostly I just wanted an excuse to listen to this song.