Erin tagged me in this meme, and I enjoyed reading her facts and answers to Mary Rebecca’s questions, so I decided to do my own post.
- You must post these rules.
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
- Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
- You have to choose 11 people to tag and link them on the post.
- No tag backs and you legitimately have to tag 11 people.
11 Things About Me
- I despise onions, especially fresh red onions–they make me gag.
- I can fall asleep pretty much any time and anywhere if I set my mind to it. I’m like a baby–I love sleeping, and I’m really, really good at it.
- My parents grew up in rural parts of Ohio and it wouldn’t be a huge stretch to say they have a little redneck in them. If you know me well you will hear the redneck come out in me from time to time, too.
- I love books, and I have for pretty much as long as I can remember.
- I studied abroad in Amsterdam in The Netherlands for a semester during my junior year of college.
- I’ve never been west of Wisconsin.
- I smoked cigarettes consistently for five years and now smoke only sporadically.
- I’ve seen Hanson in concert twice, and I’m not ashamed.
- I’ve also seen Aerosmith in concert twice, because they’re my dad’s favorite band. Also not ashamed.
- I “built” my own webpage on Expage when I was really young- I think 11 or 12, but it’s hard to remember exactly.
- I like long car rides.
Erin’s Questions and My Answers
1. If you won the lottery, what would you do?
If I suddenly came upon a large sum of money I would probably use most of it to help out my parents. I’m not good at grasping the meaning of large numbers, so I have no idea how much I could afford to do with, say, a million dollars, but I’d like to buy each of my parents a new house. I’d also like to pay off all my loans and then do a lot of traveling to different places around the world.
I might also bathe in a pile of hundred dollar bills.
2. Would you rather be a vampire, or werewolf? Why?
Hmm. I think I’m going to say vampire, assuming that means I would be able to turn into a bat, and then I’d be able to fly. It’d be awesome to be able to fly.
3. Would you rather be AMAZINGLY smart, or AMAZINGLY beautiful? Why? (be honest!)
I care a lot more about smarts than I do about “beauty,” but I like to think I have a healthy balance of both.
4. What is one skill you wish you had? Why?
Athletic and/or musical inclination. I know you said one but they are both areas where I’m extremely lacking and that I’d kill to have even a little skill in. I went to private school from third to fifth grade and we didn’t have very structured music or sports programs, so when most people were being forced to choose an instrument and a team sport against their will, I was learning alternate forms of long division and calling my teachers by their first names.
5. What is something you are proud of yourself for?
I got really good grades in college while also maintaining a very active social life. I partied a lot, but I think I got the most out of my 4-year experience both academically and socially/culturally/emotionally.
6. What is the most embarrassing thing to happen to you (that you’re willing to share)?
I can never think of an embarrassing thing on the spot, but god knows there have been plenty. I have a really bad habit of spilling beer on myself when I’m at bars, and it usually happens when I’m not even drunk, which I think makes it even more embarrassing. But I think spilling a drink under any circumstances is embarrassing.
7. If you could live anywhere, where would you live?
Right now I like living in Indianapolis and I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else. But in the future there are a lot of places that I’d like to try living for a while–notably, Kenya.
I want to work with orphaned baby elephants in Nairobi.
8. Who is one of your favorite people? Why?
My friend Bree, who I was supposed to visit today but couldn’t because I scratched my cornea. She’s one of my favorite people because she’s hilarious and fun and I’ll always think of her as my mini-me.
9. Telepathy or telekinesis? Why?
Neither. They both kind of freak me out.
10. If you had to live in a fantasy world from a TV show or book, what world would it be? Why?
Um, the wizarding world from the Harry Potter books, no doubt. I constantly have dreams where I have a wand and am able to do charms with it–specifically the summoning charm. I’d kill to be able to summon stuff, and to fly on a broomstick and fucking apparate! Think how much extra time you would have if you didn’t lose so much time traveling from place to place. Plus it would just be awesome.
11. What is your dream job? Why?
I want to be a college professor, because I’m a major geek at heart and I love to learn and to have thought-provoking conversations.
- What’s your favorite place you’ve ever traveled?
- How many times have you moved in your entire life?
- What do you do to calm down when you’re stressed or upset?
- What’s your favorite alcoholic drink?
- Do you prefer to be outdoors or indoors?
- If you were on death row, what would your last meal be?
- Who was your first celebrity crush?
- What was your favorite year of college and/or of high school (and why)?
- Tell me about an inside joke you have with your parents.
- What was your first favorite song, and do you still like that song now?
- In general, do you prefer dark or light hair on the opposite sex?
I’m not even going to bother tagging 11 people because I doubt anyone will actually want to do this, but I enjoyed it, so please join in if you feel inclined.