So you guys probably know that I always steal a good chunk of my links from Nova since she is the best at Things I Love Thursday. The following are all thanks to her:
- Andrew Bush’s photo series of people he passed in his car — interesting to match the faces with the vehicles.
- What’s your Shakespeare insult name? I’m a dankish dizzy-eyed strumpet
- I Re-Watched Titanic So You Don’t Have To. You’re Welcome. I love Titanic but this is all so, so true.
- Adding Monsters to Thrift Store Paintings — really funny and awesome idea for some kooky artwork
- A year in Charlie’s pocket
- 10 Relationship Words That Aren’t Translatable Into English
- This Breaking Bad cross stitch — so awesome!
- 14 Photographs That Shatter Your Image Of Famous People — hilarious. I particularly enjoyed hippie Bill & Hillary
- Forgotten Couples of the 90s
Amy also shared some popsicle recipes in preparation for summer
Steven Andrew’s DIY for recycling damaged Polaroids — I love this idea! Too bad I don’t have a Polaroid camera.
Aarean’s color palette and photos of Switzerland — that chocolate seriously makes me drool, and these pictures make me miss Europe.
You, me and the Shins — nobody can nail nostalgia quite like Allison Berger
Schroeder’s Moroccan Chicken Sandwich with Manchego Cheese and Preserved Lemons. Um….what? I’ve never even heard of manchego cheese before. All I know is this sandwich looks delicious.
Blogger meetups! Last week I met two new bloggers–Violet and Anna (Erin was there too). You can see Erin’s pictures here and Violet’s pictures here.
P.S. If you live in Indy, join the group I made on Better Blogger Network for Indianapolis Bloggers! I want to plan a bigger meetup soon.
Last summer I shared a handful of my favorite standup comedy clips from Rachel Feinstein, Nick Swardson, and Aziz Ansari, and last weekend I finally got to go to my first standup comedy show! Aziz was in town, so Colin, Gretchen, and I went, and it was awesome.
This is one of my favorite Aziz clips – he tells the story of the first time he hung out with Kanye West
Aziz also has a new special that you can download from his website for only $5, and it’s hilarious – I highly recommend it.
Colin and I recently saw The Raven, which was really good, but at the theater we saw a preview for Tim Burton’s new movie, which looks GOD-AWFUL. What the hell happened to Tim Burton? Edward Scissorhands?! I mean, that was a great movie! This College Humor video pretty much sums up any Tim Burton movie nowadays.
I appreciate this article by Rob Delaney
Welcome to my blogroll, Rachel Rabbit White (warning: sex talk – do not click if you are uncomfortable with that sort of thing)
In that vein — holy fuckballs, this video about the making of sex dolls is craaaaazy
My little brother got published on Thought Catalog! Okay, so he’s not really my little brother, but Trey is one of my bffs and his article about going commando is pretty funny (I can’t believe I forgot to include this in the last volume of Things I Love Thursday!)
I love ee cummings.